The Fertility Law Group at Warshaw Burstein is uniquely positioned to support clients through the intricacies of becoming parents using assisted reproduction.Our practice leaders, Alexis L. Cirel and Eric Wrubel, helped shape modern parentage laws in New York for children conceived using assisted reproduction and third-party arrangements – Eric successfully argued the landmark case that afforded LGBTQ+ families created with the assistance of donors the same rights as heterosexual families; Alexis championed and helped craft the Child-Parent Security Act, the law that now allows New Yorkers to become parents through surrogacy. With this background, our group is distinctively qualified to help you build your family with confidence and legal certainty, securing your legal parentage of your child.
Growing your family using third-party reproduction can require sacrifice and devotion that many do not experience when becoming parents. These challenges are worth the result, and your children will come into the world with not just unique and hard-won stories, but parents who fought for them. The Fertility Law Group is privileged to be a part of your dedication.
- Egg, Sperm, and Embryo Donation Agreements
- Gestational Surrogacy Agreements
- Embryo Disposition Agreements
- Co-Parenting Agreements
- Obtain Judgments of Parentage securing the legal relationships between the Intended Parents and children conceived through Assisted Reproduction or born with the assistance of Gestational Surrogates
- Obtain birth certificates that name Intended Parents as the legal parents of children conceived through Assisted Reproduction or born with the assistance of Gestational Surrogates
- Petitions for adoption when necessary for legal recognition of parentage
- Advise throughout the IVF clinical process
- Support for Intended Parents with referrals to providers and professional services to assist in the family-building process
- Represent and support Donors and Gestational Surrogates with referrals to providers and other professional services